The mission of the Children’s Discovery Museum is to inspire the love of learning through the power of play. Our mission is accomplished by providing hands-on exhibits, classes, and programs that actively engage the visitor in experiences that stimulate imagination, curiosity, and wonder.
The Children’s Discovery Museum’s values:
- A safe, fun, inclusive and engaging environment.
- Variety of learning experiences that address all learning styles.
- Flexibility of thought, and adaptability of behaviors, to allow for meeting individual needs and wishes.
- A powerful play experience, and a passionate staff, to assist in the development of the whole child surrounded by healthy relationships, healthy families and a healthy community.
The Museum building itself was built with the health of its visitors and employees in mind. The Children’s Discovery Museum was the first children’s museum in the country to achieve LEED Silver Certification (see below).
And there’s more to the Museum than just exhibits. Search through this website to learn about birthday parties, field trips, educational programming, and more.
As a member institute of the Association of Children’s Museums and the Association of Science and Technology Centers, the CDM strives to provide a high quality education experience whether you’re visiting our exhibits or participating in our formal educational programs. We offer:
- Professional Museum Staff and Play Facilitators
- Educators with decades of training and classroom experience
- Inquiry-based learning and participatory science education